What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus which is also known as (COVID-19) is an infection caused by Bats. Coronavirus came from the Wuhan market in China. Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that range from the common cold to MERS coronavirus, which is Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus and SARs, Severe acute respiratory syndrome.
What Are the Symptoms of Coronavirus?
- High Fever
- Sore throat
- Breath problem
- Muscle aches
These are the symptoms of Coronavirus, in some cases there can be kidney failure or respiratory problems which leads them to death. People who got infected from this virus generally take 5-6 days to develop mild symptoms like fever and cough and after 11 days all the symptoms have been visible.
If you have any of these symptoms then please contact your doctor by phone before went there. Your doctor will tell you everything in detail or you can call onto 1911 for help.
How Does Coronavirus Spread?
Coronavirus is spreading through person to person with droplets of cough and sneeze. If you are with someone who already has coronavirus and suddenly they sneezed, the droplets of sneeze will definitely come in your contact and after that, if you do not wash your hand and touched your face the virus got transmit into you.
That’s how it works if you are in the middle of thousands of people and you have coronavirus, in just of your one sneeze or cough you may infect all of them in a minute.
Social distancing can be very useful in avoiding the spread of coronavirus. We have to create a distance from people for some matter of time to avoid the spread of coronavirus.
How to Avoid Coronavirus?
It’s difficult to avoid coronavirus but there are some ways which you can follow to prevent the virus :
- Social Distancing: Try to avoid people and create social distancing. Stay at home if you don’t have an emergency to go out. Stay away from the people who cough and sneeze maintain your distance from people whenever you are out of the home.
- Hand washes: Wash your Hand frequently and most importantly whenever you came back home, the very first thing you have to do is to wash your hand at least 1minute with hand sanitizer.
- Alcohol-based Sanitizer: Use soap or sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol because alcohol helps to kill Coronavirus in hand.
- Stay away from your face: Avoid touching your face just forget that you also have a face, think like it doesn’t exist. Viruses can be easily transmitted from your hand to mouth, nose or eyes if you touch your face.
- Stay Home: Stay home spend time with your loved ones. Isolate yourself from the groups of people and avoid the spread of coronavirus.
Wearing masks can’t control the spread of coronavirus but someone who already infected from this virus must have to wear a mask to avoid the spread of COVID 19.
Who Is Most at the Risk of Coronavirus?
People who are above the age of 50 has high-risk criteria than young ones. Anyone can be infected from this virus but most of the old age people don’t have a good immune system to fight with coronavirus. On the other hand young people’s immune system has healthy criteria to save them from this virus.
People who have pre-existing medical problems like asthma, diabetes or heart disease have been in high-risk criteria which leads them to death.
WHO advised everyone to maintain good health hygiene, regularly washes your hand maintains good respiratory hygiene.
- Drinking or spraying alcohol on the skin kills Virus.
Some of the myths are that if you are applying alcohol or chlorine or drink alcohol it will kill the virus. Alcohol or chlorine harm your skin especially your eyes or sensitive part of the body.
These things don’t kill the virus and also makes your immune system weak if you drink alcohol. Alcohol works well when it is with soap not alone.
- Only older people at risk.
People of all ages can be infected from coronavirus. Old ages people have high-risk criteria but anyone can be infected from this virus and it depends on your immune system how healthy that is to protect your body from coronavirus.
- Coronavirus leads everyone to death.
There are some myths from which people are afraid. Coronavirus can’t lead everyone to death. As if you are healthy and have a good immune system, you don’t need to worry about coronavirus just stay at home and avoid being infected cause no one knows how healthy are you.
In recent reports, it has been clear that 80% of the cases have mild symptoms and after being isolated from the people patients will get recover themselves. Mild symptoms like fever, cough, breath shortness, sore throat, and tiredness.
- The face mask will protect everyone from viruses.
If you think that face mask will protect unfortunately you are living in a myth. Professional doctors or workers wear a face mask which is very tight and mask sometimes leads them to blood from the skin.
The disposable mask has not been that much tight and the build quality also not ensure you protect from very mild particles of the viruses. However, a cloth mask can prevent the droplets of a the tiny particle of the virus.
The CDC advised people to wear a cloth face mask has it is not easy to maintain the 6 feet distance in the marketplace. It will help you to prevent the risk of being infected. While wearing a mask, it is also important to done other safety activities like washing your hand not touching your face or try to maintain social distance.
- Coronavirus takes at least 10 minutes to transmit.
Some people think that if someone is infected from this virus you have to stay with him at least 10 minutes to spread this virus. But it’s not true, Virus can be transmitted into seconds it doesn’t need 10 minutes.
What should we do?
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) has been advised them simple measures to protect yourself.
- Avoid being in contact with the people who are already sick.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, mouth or eyes.
- Avoid sneezing without a tissue, always take a tissue with you and sneeze with it after that throw it into the trash.
- Avoid going out, try to stay at home as much as possible.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 30 seconds.
- Wear a cloth face mask to cover your face in public.
These are some tips to follow in order to avoid the risk of coronavirus. During this epidemic, these are the easiest ways to make a difference.