Benefits of Passport
A Passport is a travel document for those who are traveling abroad for visits, tourism, education ,business purposes etc. Passport gives you assurance to travel to any country in the world. During the last decade ,the demand of passports increased day by day. Ministry of External affairs (MEA) launched the Passport Sewa project in 2010.
Passport Sewa Project
The Ministry in association has announced to open 407 Passport Kendras at the head of (HPO) /(PO) in the country called Post office passport sewa kendra. This service enables efficient and transparent process for delivery of passport .
Online form submission
- Step 1: Visit the website passportindia.gov.in;
- Step 2: Register through the Passport Sewa Online Portal. Assign a username and password.
- Step 3: Log in using your Username and Password.
- Step 4: Click “Apply for fresh passport” ,Fill online application form and submit 5.
- Step 5: Now Click “Pay and Schedule Appointment ” to visit the nearest Passport sewa kendra.
- Step 6: Online payment is now mandatory for booking appointment.
Now pay using :
- Internet Banking
- Credit/Debit Cards( MasterCard and Visa)
- Step 7: Now take a Printout of Application Receipt containing (ARN) Application refrence number. You can also show the SMS of appointment which is also accepted as a proof of your payment.
- Step 8: Visit the Passport Sewa kendra along with original documents where appointment has been fixed.